Growlers are the containers craft breweries fill their tasty brews with for you to take home to enjoy. At Kuhnhenn's in they had a "history of the growler" printed on the back.
In the late 1800's and early 1900's, fresh beer was carried from the local pub to one's home by means of a small galvanized pail. Rumor has it that when the beer was sloshed around the pail it created a rumbling sound [a growl?!] as the carbon dioxide gas escaped through the lid, thus the term grower was coined.Since tomorrow we'll be doing a bit more of this, I'm looking at you Short's and North Peak, and maybe you Terra Firma and Cheboygan, I figured I'd share some of our most recent growler collection adventures.
Featuring: Liberty Street Brewing Company, Kuhnhenn's, Arbor Brewing, Blue Tractor BBQ & Brewery, and Grizzly Peak
with a special shout out for Maddie the Coonhound.
We have had a lot of fun helping you gather some of these. The tastings are the best part!
ReplyDelete:) Thanks for helping out! Hard project, huh!?
ReplyDelete